Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Testimony

It was 25th November 2006 when I had an unusual dream. A dream that I didn’t realize would soon become a reality. I remembered waking up and messaging Adrian about it. These were my exact words, “Yesterday dreamt I was pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy. No pain only painful when breastfeeding. So cute. Eyes like yours. Very fair.”

I soon put it behind and forgot all about it. It was not until I missed my 2nd menstruation that the thought of being pregnant actually dawned on me. I kept thinking it must be the stressed from my ACCA exams.

As I reflect back, I praise God that He prepared both Adrian and I for parenthood through my dream. We didn’t plan to have any kids until a few years later. But God’s plan is perfect and He has His special way of reassuring us in taking up our new role as parents.

There were no complications throughout my 9 months pregnancy. But what I experienced was more emotional. I had to put aside my dreams of pursuing my career, hobbies and plans of traveling for awhile. We had to redirect our finances. Plans will have to change to incorporate a third person in out lives, such as our house and our schedule.

If it is not for the dream and Adrian being so supportive, I would have suffered more emotionally from negative thoughts. But God knows best and His timing is always perfect.

Looking back, now that Shawn is close to 10 months old, I thank God for His goodness. Having Shawn in our lives not only brought smiles and laughters to both Adrian and I, but have made relationships with my in-laws and parents even closer and stronger.

For those of you that know Shawn, you will be able to testify about his activeness. He even moves, lifting his bottom up and down when being nursed. But there’s just more of him to go around. At 6 months old, crawling is a breeze for him. And now at 10 months old, he’s walks across the room with ease. Feeding him has always been something I worry about constantly as he is almost at the malnutrition percentile. Because of his activeness, he doesn’t sleep a lot and thus getting fat is a struggle for both him and me. But that’s just him. I have to constantly reassure myself that as long as he is healthy, he is fine. I also have to remind myself to stop comparing him with other baby that sits in strollers or high chairs for at least half an hour. It’s just him and I learn and am still learning to accept him, to love him as he is and not to change him to suit my way…

1 comment: